What Are Wedding Vows?
Wedding vows are promises to love, respect, take care of, and the certainty of marrying a person for life. Your wedding vows symbolise trust with your loved one that you will be with them through good and challenging times. With this consideration, writing modern wedding vows should involve the two people getting married to establish their future partnership. Modern wedding vows ideas can help you and your special partner make your wedding day memorable.
Wedding Vow Examples
Modern wedding vows don’t need to be fancy, just spoken from the heart. Some modern wedding vows ideas are:
- Today, I choose to stand by your side as your partner. I choose to be a joy for your heart and your soul. I look forward to our life, learning, and growing with you through the changes in our lives. I promise respect for you as my partner and as an individual. May our journey be long together.
- I stand here with you as your partner, in love with who you are now and who you will be in the future. I pledge to listen, learn, support you, and care for you through all that happens in our lives. I will celebrate with you and mourn with you, being ever at your side. I love you and believe in you until the end of our days.
- I take you to be the partner for my life and the friend of my days. As partners for life, I will support you through joy and sorrow.
- Unconditional describes my love for you. I promise to love and respect and cherish you. We will have compassion, learning, and laughter based on equality, esteem, and trust. From this day forward, our journey is together all the days of our life.
- I choose you to be my companion, joining my life with yours. I vow to support, respect, and love you in all circumstances for better or worse, richer or poorer, in sickness and health as long as we live.
- Today, we exchange these rings to symbolise our connection to one another. These rings represent our trust, our protection of each other, and our combined strength in this marriage. I join myself to you as a partner and lifelong companion, respecting you as an equal, cherishing you forever, and loving you in good times and bad.
- Embraced by the presence today of the people who love us, I choose you to be my partner. I am proud to be with you and join my future with you. I pledge to support you, trust you, care for you, and respect you. I will love you in good times and bad as long as we both shall live.
- I take you to be my partner. I pledge to be your best friend, your confidant, and your strength. I’ll work to create a household filled with love, peace, laughter, patience, and respect. I promise to grow old together with you, cherishing each day with you. I love you faithfully, through happy times and sadness, believing love is the strongest force for good in the world. I give you my hand to help and my heart to love forever.
- I take you to be my partner every day of our lives. With you, the path of my life is illuminated with love. I promise to bring you the delight you bring me and share your sorrow as you share mine. Our lives will be one of respect, caring, joy, surprise, and wonder at the love we have together. I promise to be your home and shelter against any storm. I promise we will grow old with each, cherishing every day until our final breaths part us.
- You are my love, confidant, and best friend. My love is constant when we are together and when we are apart. Today and every day we are together, I promise to laugh with you, cry with you, create a home, and grow with you. I pledge my help with your dreams and aspirations, respecting our ways of learning and existence in the world. I’ll love you forever and be by your side through sickness and health, poverty and wealth, for better and for worse.
For more wedding ideas for your special day, contact Navarra Venues.